Hassayampa Framework Study for the Wickenburg Area
The Hassayampa Framework Study for the Wickenburg Area is an amendment to the Interstate-10/Hassayampa Transportation Framework Study. The study area for the original Hassayampa Framework Study was bounded by SR-74 on the North, SR-303L on the east, the Gila River on the south, and 459th Avenue on the west. The Wickenburg Transportation Framework Study area picks up where the original study left off at the SR-74 Extension as the southern boundary, SR-71 to the west, Turner Parkway (274th Avenue) to the east, and the junction of SR-71/US-93 to the North.
The Hassayampa Framework Study for the Wickenburg Area established a network of transportation facilities to meet the buildout travel demand that the Wickenburg planning area could experience in the future. The project team also conducted a precursory environmental scan of the study area so that transportation corridors could be identified to avoid presently known natural and built environmental factors. It is important to note that additional studies will be conducted in the future on all of this framework study's recommendations to comply with environmental regulations, once funding is identified that would allow the projects to be implemented.
Through an extensive process that included opportunities for stakeholder input, the project established a transportation framework that:
- Identifies the approximate location of the Hassayampa Freeway through the Wickenburg planning area.
- Introduces a network of parkways and arterials to facilitate travel throughout and connections to the Wickenburg planning area and that serves identified and future developments within the study area.
- Provides the Town of Wickenburg a transportation planning framework to serve as the backbone of the general plan for making land use decisions.
- Optimize the network to provide regional accessibility.
- Examine opportunities for incorporating alternative transportation modes into the development of the study. These opportunities may include, but are not limited to, expanding bus service, light rail and commuter rail, and identifying support facilities, such as park-and–ride lots.
for the Wickenburg Area Freight Transportation Framework Study Sustainable Transportation and Land
Use Study MAG Regional Transportation Plan MAG Commuter Rail System Studies PAG Regional Transportation Plan AZ Parkway Statewide Long Range Transportation Plan
"What Moves You Arizona"