I-8 and I-10 Hidden Valley Study
The Hidden Valley Framework Study is the second of a series of MAG Roadway Framework Studies that cover rapidly developing areas of Maricopa County and adjacent counties. The Hidden Valley Framework Study is the first such study extending outside Maricopa County.
The project covers an area of approximately 2,000 square miles in Maricopa and Pinal Counties, Arizona, bounded generally by the Gila River on the north, I-8 on the south, the 459th Avenue alignment on the west, and I-10 (Phoenix-Casa Grande Highway) on the east.
The purpose of the Hidden Valley Framework Study is to establish a conceptual network of freeways, parkways and arterials that will be capable of meeting long-range traffic demand.
MAG’s overall goal is to continue the collaborative process initiated in the I-10/Hassayampa Valley Study. Specific objectives include:
- Develop a network of north-south and east-west roadways, varying in functional classification that will provide access throughout the study area. This network will incorporate existing roadways within the study area; propose future limited-access, multi-modal and arterial facilities, and other regional connections; and serve both identified and future developments within the study area.
- Optimize the network to provide regional accessibility.
- Formulate a framework for constructing the roadway network.
- Examine opportunities for incorporating alternative transportation modes into the development of the study. These opportunities may include, but are not limited to, expanding bus service, light and commuter rail and identifying support facilities, such as park-and–ride lots.
- Recommend an access management system for each functional classification.
- Describe the range of funding sources and opportunities that may be available, both today and in the future.
for the Wickenburg Area Freight Transportation Framework Study Sustainable Transportation and Land
Use Study Regional Framework Studies MAG Regional Transportation Plan MAG Commuter Rail System Studies PAG Regional Transportation Plan AZ Parkway Statewide Long Range Transportation Plan
"What Moves You Arizona"